Volunteer Privacy Collection Statement
Volunteer Privacy Collection Statement – Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital Foundation
Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital Foundation (ABN 37 882 212 480) (RBWHF) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and their personal information and complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Please read this carefully as it will have important consequences for you in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information you provide to RBWHF.
You understand that:
- RBWHF is the party who is collecting your personal information and can be contacted at email@example.com or alternatively you can write to us at PO Box 94, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Queensland 4029.
- RBWHF will collect your personal information directly from you. In certain circumstances, RBWHF may be required to collect personal information from third parties, depending on the nature of your enquiry.
- The purpose of RBWHF collecting your personal information is:
- to manage your participation or potential participation or volunteering in a program that we operate or manage;
- during the application process you may provide RBWHF with the personal information of others (e.g. name and contact details for referees). By providing RBWHF their personal information, you confirm that you have the requisite consent to share that personal information for the purposes set out in the application form;
- to communicate with you with respect to your volunteering, including by email, mobile and in-application notifications and keep your contact details up to date;
- RBWHF may also use personal information in the following circumstances:
- to operate governance, disciplinary, grievance and quality assurance processes and arrangements
- for insurance purposes
- other related HR processes such as reporting on workforce profiles in an aggregate (non-identifying) format and, where required, provide this to external bodies
- in accordance with relevant RBWHF policies and procedures
- If we do not collect this personal information in connection with the purposes in paragraph 3, then:
- it may not be possible for RBWHF to process or assess your application, entitlements and/or obligations in respect to your volunteering.
- we will be unable to send you direct marketing communications (unless you have consented to such communications through your other dealings with RBWHF).
- Your personal information may be disclosed to the following classes of people and organisations in connection with the purposes in paragraph 3:
- third party service providers including without limitation marketing service providers, IT service providers, contractors and sales consultants and other parties who assist us in providing our services to you;
- RBWHF its personnel and any related entities;
- Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and other hospitals in the Queensland health system, as required from time to time; and
- It is possible that some of the information collected may be disclosed to RBWHF’s related body corporate or service providers outside of Australia. You consent to your information being disclosed to a destination outside Australia for this purpose, including but not limited to the United States, New Zealand, South Africa and Ireland and you understand and acknowledge that Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures of your personal information.