Countdown to RBWH Foundation Giving Day!
Mark Wednesday 15 June in your calendar because the third RBWH Foundation Giving Day 2022 is an event you will not want to miss!
It’s the day Queenslanders rally to show gratitude to Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) healthcare heroes for their tireless work, excellent patient care and life-saving research.
Every dollar donated by 15 June will again be doubled this year, for twice the impact, thanks to the generosity of RBWH Foundation corporate supporters and generous individuals.DONATE
It’s also an opportunity to have some fun!
Help our Giving Day Gratitude tree grow:
Visit the RBWH Ground Floor Foyer to read the beautiful messages of support and gratitude being left on the Giving Day Gratitude Tree for RBWH healthcare heroes. Here is just a sample:
“Forever grateful for wonderful Doctors and staff of the Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Clinic. Particular thanks to the very caring nurses, Denise and Karen in the Centralised Specialist Outpatients Services. Jill C.”
You can also leave your own message!THANK A HEALTHCARE HERO TODAY!
A ruby make-over for Brisbane city:
Look out for the RBWH Giving Day banners on the Caxton Street overpass, outbound, and on the Story Bridge from Monday 13 June. The Story Bridge will be swathed in RUBY lighting on Tuesday June 14 and Wednesday June 15.
Help your favourite RBWH Department compete for the Cup:
It’s been inspirational to witness Departments and individuals Raising it for the Royal through a wide variety of creative fundraising activities. Find your favourite fundraiser here and help them wrestle the coveted Giving Day Cup from Cancer Care Services, which has held the honour since 2019. Fundraising efforts also earn Departments bonus points in the annual RBWH Foundation Giving Day Grant Round.
Some of the early contenders for the Team and Individual Giving Day Cups are:
- RBWH Dietetics and Food Services
- Women’s and Newborn Services
- RBWH Wellbeing Walking Group
- Helen Woolley – RBWH Nutrition and Dietetics
- Shane Marshall – Patient Support
- Victoria Caton – Women’s and Newborn Services
RBWH Giving Day Program:
Watch Sam Mac from Seven’s breakfast Sunrise program as he comes live from RBWH Giving Day from 5.45am. Sam is helping kickstart a full day of Giving Day activities:
- 5.30am- 5.00pm
- Run or walk alongside RBWH Assistant Physiotherapist Reece Crawford, on dual treadmills, as he undertakes his latest fundraiser in the Ground Floor Foyer.
- 5.45am – 8.30am:
- Join Sam Mac LIVE as he presents Seven’s Sunrise weather from RBWH. We need YOU in the Ground Floor Foyer at 6.00am and on Level 2 at 6.20am.
- 7.30am – 11.00am
- Meet and Greet our RBWH Giving Day Ambassadors including Qld Bulls Masters, Sunshine Coast Lightning, #MoveForLex’s Alexa Leary and more in the Ground Floor Foyer.
- Visit the 97.3FM Street Team for give-aways at the RBWH Main Entrance.
- Chill out with the Giving Day DJ in the Level 1 Atrium.
- Enjoy a food truck smorgasbord outside the Education Centre concourse
- B105 Street Team will have give-aways at the RBWH Main Entrance