You can double our chances of beating COVID-19
Help us win the race against Coronavirus.
Keith and Glenda Drake are business people and great-grandparents who have spent their life working hard and growing a nest egg for their family, all while caring for their son who has cerebral palsy. When Coronavirus arrived on our shores, Keith and Glenda made the generous decision to donate $100,000 of their savings to support the RBWH’s efforts in combating this virus.
Keith and Glenda’s donation will mean that you can double our chances of beating COVID-19, as every donation up to $100,000 will be matched by the Drakes. Every dollar can and will make a difference, thanks to Keith, Glenda and all our incredible donors.
A message from David Rosengren Executive Director, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
Over the past few months the RBWH has:
- Increased ICU beds and treated COVID-19 patients
- Ensured healthcare workers are protected with the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and supported during this crisis
- Developed emergency plans and increased the number of ventilators and other vital medical equipment on hand in case of a substantial increase in COVID-19 patients
- Established fever clinics, new patient and hospital protocols, and conducted thousands of COVID-19 tests
- Distributed drugs to around 70 hospitals in Australia and over 10 hospitals in New Zealand for COVID-19 clinical drug trials
Elective surgery has now resumed at the Hospital, but in the coming months we will continue to ensure that we are well prepared for COVID-19 patients should an outbreak occur.
It is vitally important that we continue to do everything we can to prevent further infections and continue to develop treatments. We know this is a difficult time, but your donation will double our chances of beating COVID-19.
A message from Professor David Paterson, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital Consultant Infectious Diseases Physician.
I’m Professor David Paterson, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) Consultant Infectious Diseases Physician. I oversee a team of world-leading clinical researchers and scientists who are working on a broad range of projects that will help in the fight against COVID-19.
RBWH Foundation has provided funding for urgent medical research projects such as COVID-19 clinical drug trials and is also raising funds for projects such as:
- Testing medication dosages for COVID-19 patients
- Testing a tuberculosis vaccine to protect frontline healthcare workers
- Developing COVID-19 related superbug treatments
- Grants supporting research in emergency medicine, infectious diseases and intensive care medicine.
We are extremely grateful to Keith and Glenda Drake who are matching all donations up to $100,000, donation and fund research into new treatments and prevention methods to fight COVID-19. With your help, we can get answers faster to overcome this pandemic and prevent so much additional suffering.